Friday, July 21, 2006

One Day Over, or, STRETCHMARKS!!!

Thank you, Katja; thank you, Barbara, for kindly pretending you did not know my dates and asking me yesterday when the baby was due. Thank you, Uli, your enquiry might have even been authentic! Other than that, nothing much happened. I went into town, walked about and sat in a café with my mum, and NOBODY asked. Nobody, not one soul! It was quite a let down. I must try again today, but somehow it won't be as cool as it would have been yesterday. Unless I take to lying and simply claim the baby was 'due tomorrow' for the next few days, but somehow that's not the same. Maybe it's the weather? My choice of clothing? Should I go out naked? Surely that would attract attention?
But then my newly acquired STRETCHMARKS would be on display, big time, and who'd want to see those! It started yesterday (on due-day, how unfair!) with a white crack down the centre of my tummy, to be joined by a few lightly purplish friends (fiends) to its left this morning (one day after due-day, how doubly unfair!).
Must oil my tummy thrice daily now. Must buy some more raspberry leaf tea and increase consumption. Must go to combat class tonight and do some bouncing. Must have a word with this baby.
Doodle courtesy of Tante Claudia, also slightly affected by the wait. Or the heat.

No comments: