Sunday, July 16, 2006

Laughing Buddha


A tummy update! Just in case baby decides to stage an exit some time later today, or tonight, or any time now, and sends us into such an excited panic that we forget to get a last impressive bikini shot. From the front it doesn't look like a proper 39 week and 3 day tummy but the side view is a tad more impressive. Jose calls it the "tummy missile", ready and eager to be launched at any moment. If not, I fear, it will just continue dropping lower and lower until it first swallows the bikini bottoms whole, then simply drops off, leaving no sign that it's ever been there at all (other than a generous handfull of cellulite all over my thighs).

Our baby still seems to be rather comfortable inside, doing its little kicking stunts, flinging its legs from right to left and back while I continue my unproportional shopping spree for tiny baby things and other things for tiny babies. I am a lot less comfortable than the baby, I'm sure, and have progressed from waddling duck to ship in stormy waters when braving shops and parks. Although, admittedly, when I don't set sail and stay at home, I'm rather comfortable actually, lounging about on a selection of beds and sofas while being looked after and cooked for (the weekend! A wonderful invention!). The good news is: I've recovered full use of my stomach - the child hangs below - and can eat to my heart's content. Which is rather convenient as Jose continues to monitor how much I eat, and still tries to trick me into eating more. (Guess who'll get the blame for the cellulite once I get to a point where I actually care.)
4 days to due-date.

No comments: