Sunday, July 09, 2006

Close (but not quite IT)

Last Thursday (2 weeks to due date) wasn't nice enough a day to go strawberry picking so instead I found myself sitting snuggly buggly bundeled up with a little girl and a vast number of cuddly lions heaped on my lap, reading a story. When suddenly and without any warning, my lap was flooded with a gush of hot (and rather wet) waters. A little confused, I looked down and right into two very big blue eyes looking back up at me, which somehow told me they knew more about the source of the inundation than I did. Summer just is the perfect season for potty training! Not quite my turn yet then, though the accident was perfectly aimed to give me a rather precise idea of what it is going to feel like when my waters break. Hopefully at Marks & Spencers, not on someone elses sofa - financially far more rewarding. Which reminds me never to leave the house without a second pair of knickers and trousers. And never to sit down on anyone's sofa or in anyone's car without the added security of plastic sheets and old towels.
The tummy meanwhile continues to drop and drop and drop, though it looks like the only body part that's putting on any weight is my bottom, thank you. About time the kid decided to put on some fat and be born. Jose disagrees, and of course he's right. 11 days to due date.

No comments: