Saturday, July 22, 2006

All Quiet on the Southern Front

After an exciting (and painful!) cramp in the middle of the night we've settled back into waiting - all quiet on the southern front. It might be a sign of imminent labour that I didn't feel like going out today... but it might simply have to do with the rain, thunder and lightning that were going on outside. Not quite sure.
I was a little luckier on the showing-off front yesterday. Turns out the exchange of
'So, when's the baby due' - 'Yesterday, actually' is just as enjoyable as the familiar variety 'Tomorrow, actually', if a grammatical oddity. But the novelty is wearing off already. And it's a little uncomfortable speaking to anyone at all when you've left the house not fully realising that your choice of clothing is quite fetching but equally revealing, and your left breast is essentially on full display to anyone who looks a little higher than the bump (which is where you look when you communicate). Dear me. The comment about going out naked was a joke! Trust my subconscious to make it a reality... Is it only on the labour front where my subconscious is failing me? Or am I subconsciously hoping for another few days before my life is transformed?
If I don't go into labour tonight we'll discuss potential names tomorrow. As for today, I'll just spend the rest of the day as bored as the beginning and the middle of it. And don't anyone suggest that washing and ironing were a good remedy against boredom.

PS.: That pain last night HURT. Did I really tick the 'absolutely no drugs' option on every official form?!
PPS.: Boah, wat is dat laaangweilisch.
PPPS.: Accidentally ate an entire bar of choccolate. Boah, wat war dat eeeklisch... Dat is ja soo laangweilisch.

No comments: