Thursday, August 17, 2006

This Baby Sucks!


Yes, this baby sucks! Literally, anything: Fingers lengthwise and sidewise, nipples (of course), her own little fists or fingers (when she's lucky enough for them to find their way into her mouth, somehow accidentally) and anything else that comes close enough to be cought by our shark girl - clothing, bibs, necks, arms etc etc. Quote Daddy Jose: "I'm going to get a nipple transplant for my biceps, 'Yes, doctor, I would like a nipple transplanted here; No, doctor, it's nothing sexual, it's for my daughter.'"


Now take a sleepless night, add a sucked-through day, see aunty Claudia march through the door (suitcase in tow), and mummy gives in to The Dummy Debate.

Interlude: THE DUMMY DEBATE (in short, as it has been led over the last 3 weeks)
Daddy: I'm going to exchange this noisy child for a little cat! Alex, let's stick a dummy in! Get some sleep! My fingers are sucked to the bone!
Mummy: You cruel cruel man want to deprive my baby girl, my little kitten, of human touch and warmth?! And you want me to marry you?! You've got another 9 fingers, stick the next in, my nipples need a break!
Daddy: Fingers! Dirty! Unhygienic! Dummys can be sterilised!
Mummy: We're not Michael Jackson! Wash your hands! I'm not giving in so soon! I'll have a nipple ready in, erm... soon!
Mummy (amicably): Would you like me to make you a cup of coffee and spoon-feed it you?

So there I was, eyeing the dummys daddy had bought 3 weeks ago ("The best! The most expensive and just look at the wonderful features... massage nipples..."), and my resistance just caved in when Jose, cunningly, repeated his dummy suggestion.
And then what happened? Mummy daughter didn't like them at all! In they went, out they came, and loud it was! So, this little girl sucks - everything BUT dummies. We'll find a way around this I'm sure, some time, erm... soon.

No comments: