Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Morning Like This


There's something wrong with the picture above: It's not morning yet. It's about midnight, and the two kids flanking me (me being represented by the mid-sized gap between them) are gearing up for a party. I'm not too happy about it. Understatment.
But then morning comes. Before I even open my eyes, Tara has heard her daddy somewhere else in the house and has climbed out of bed to get some post-party nutrition in. And by the time I do open my eyes, the little man is still by my side, all warm, cuddly, contented and smiling. And fascinated by the camera.


We chat and we cuddle and we take our time with this morning. Every second of it is perfect. Just Leo and mummy, mummy and Leo. I'm endlessly in love with my little boy. If I had to hand-pick just a few moments to live over and over, groundhog day style, this is one of them. My mummy and Leo moment.

And then Tara skips back up the stairs and hops back into bed with us for extended cuddles. There's so much love to go around.


On a morning like this, how happy can a mama be? Or, for that matter, a big sister of a divine little fellow?


This is your morning Leo and you are making us ever so happy. Boy, how much we love you!

No comments: