Friday, January 15, 2010

Leo and the Other Babies

Anna-Baby and Baby Leo (5 weeks)

Before baby Leo arrived, Tara had 3 years and 3 months to practise and perfect her baby love. That means two things. One, Tara has ideas as to what babies like and dislike - because that's the way 'her babies do it'. Two, Tara is very fond of 'her babies' and insists that thay get shown a fair amount of loving too.

Now, in practical terms it means that many a tearful moment was spent - in the first month - educating Tara about the differences between her babies and mine. Tara would be doing something absurd for/to/with her baby brother - like sitting at the top of his bouncy chair with him in it, about to let go and catapult the child across the kitchen - cry bitter tears when told to STOPTHATIMMEDIATELY, and argue, invariably, "But MY babies like it that way!"
This got less after 4-5 weeks.


Then, of course, with all the new lovely baby equipment abou, and so many much-loved darlings, on occasion we cannot get Leo into any of his stuff because another Baby is already sitting there, and Baby's mother will watch over them carefully, lest they be expelled from their cosy bouncy chair / moses basket / push chair / car seat. "No, Leo can't be in that because MY babies are in there!"






A challenge? But no! A beautiful opportunity to practise the art of sharing or the related art of taking turns, and to work on my biceps, what with a) an increased future need in the obove listed skills, and b) much reduced time for gym fun.

Incidenally, since I mentioned it before - Tara's alter ego, Baby Lola, has been seen twice since Baby Brother's birth. Looks like the little usurper is the coolest baby of all her collection yet.





Leo wants to be a REAL baby!

No conflict of interests with Baby Kelsey

Leo conversing with Sophia (Good sharing, Leo and Sophia!)

Leo (2 months, 1 week) and Milo (1 day)

On Monday, 11/01/10, Leo's first Best Friend Milo was born (finally!). We got to see him on day two (his mother is mad). I nearly fainted when I saw how tiny he was, and what an absolute GIANT my son is. That said, Milo was heavier at birth than Leo was, with even larger hands and feet. Being told that your two month old is the length of an average 4-month-old is one thing; but here, seeing IS believing. Leo at two months: heading for 6kg, and 62cm. And, of course, a heartbreaking beauty. I love my baby, I love my baby, I love my baby.

MY baby (7 weeks). The One and Only.

PS.: A subject with tremendous potential for humour. Pah. Who can be humorous when a sweet babe is crying and it takes two weeks to complete one entry, witout any real time to get into the flow of it? Pha!

15 comments:

Ulrike H. said...

He's lovely. And how nice that he is so friendly towards all those other babies (babes?)!

The Allen's said...

Alex, is Leo wearing GIRL's clothes in those first pics?! Nick took some convincing when I bought baby Ben a pushchair - I dread to think his reaction if I actually dressed him like a girl too!
Keep those pics for when he is an easily embarassed teenager - bribes he he heeee!

Anonymous said...

Tanya, I was thinking the same thing and my husband kept me from posting a comment. :)

Alexandra said...

Come ON guys! Tiny pink birdy! Pff - it's just a jeans overall!

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Nope, I'll third the no-girls-clothes-for-your-SON (with a PENIS) argument.

Seriously? Would Jose walk around in PINK jeans with a little bird? NO. So try another excuse m'lady and while you're thinking of one, go find some nice BOY clothes for your poor son. Whom, by the way, is totally going to need therapy unless you burn these photos.

I have spoken.

The Allen's said...

here here. This is hand-me-downs gone too far! Off with them!

Alexandra said...

It's hard to believe that YOU LOT were last shouting at me for some comment about how Leo should not play with dolls. Boys can have dolls, you shouted. So now a little pink bird is out? Inconsistent.

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

If I may change the subject, I LOVE his Small Paul outfit in the last pic! Black with a monkey, now that's adorable and totally suitable for our little handsome GUY. Oops, not a change of subject, after all.

Alexandra said...

but it DID save me having to point tht very smart and gentlemanly outfit. thank you, nirit "fashion eye" c.

KatjaW said...

It's not the heart, it's not the bird, it's that the jeans is sewn/ stitched together with PINK yarn. (But I should better shut up because, who know, maybe we'll also have a boy and, BOY, I'd be in trouble because we only have girly girls' clothes...)

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Oh please. PLAYING with dolls is NOT the same as CROSS DRESSING!

Hey, I call it like I see it. NOW lets have a little lesson, shall we?
BLUE= BOY
PINK= GIRL.

Got it?!

Alexandra said...

But I dress my baby in grey. And red. And BLACK! Does that mean a third gender? And a fourth? And a fifth?
Geez, I knew my baby is special, but that's a lot more special than I thought!

The Allen's said...

thou shalt not dress thy son in thy daughter's clothes. Simples :-)

Alexandra said...

Is that the first commandment in The Book of Consumerism for Babies?

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

YES. YES IT IS.