Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tarlielula

Tara is in love. With Lola. With "Taarlie". With "Tarlielula".
She was 22 months old two days ago, and for a special treat (and also because it was raining again and I needed a break from active mummytainment) I thought I'd introduce her to television, and (Trommelwirbel) the endearing, genius and original one & only Charlie & Lola!

Lauren Child's Charlie & Lola (middle). Aah. Tara's passion.

Two minutes into her first episode she'd lost her heart, identified with the "Kinners" (Kinder) and "Nenes" (G,S, 'children'). And after two days that she's started by asking for "Taarlielula" before even asking for "Füsück" (Frühstück, breakfast), and protesting loudly and tearfully when I only concede to two episodes (and I'm not even asking for how many daddy allowed before I took over), I'm very honestly rather sorry, really!

I do have to admit, I enjoy them as well. Quite greatly, really. The English original as much as the honestly outstanding German translation. So. Here we are, rain or shine, enjoying some quality couch time together, discussing the action, and watching spellbound:

Quality couch time staring at The Box

(There IS a *** video but I've now tried FOUR times to upload it, and the last attempt lasted all night, 8 hours, and I just can't get it up (o to speak), so **** that)

2 comments:

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

Heute haben wir ein Charlie & Lola Zahlenbuch gesehen. Habt ihr so was schon??

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Found a Charlie and Lola book today and thought of you two cuddled on the couch!