Saturday, January 26, 2008

Behold! Canterbury!

(20.01.08)
"Shall we return to Sandwich this weekend, and hunt that beach down?" Guess who asks. Not Mummy!
Mummy says, "You outta your mind, man! We're going to Canterbury this weekend!" And so we do. And aaaaah, how beautiful it is! A city! With shops; proper shops, not just loads of charity shops, Poundland and a few high street ones! Cafes, one after the other! Attractive bars, restaurants and other places of culinary interest! And all set in an ancient city centre full of beauty left right and center. Tara says, What do I care! Feed me treats, show me dogs and birds, or make me sleep! So we do, eventually, and that way her old folk are free to enjoy the city with sadly not too many dogs or birds. But who cares, other than Tara?!

Behold! Beauty! Love at first sight, oh yes!

Cathedral, world famous, and joy! a Japanese tourist dog (what else?!)

"Shall we...?"

Guess how that pita lunch in Tara's hands fared...

More beauty...

... and more beauty still!

FOR SALE in a quiet road right off the centre. Say, shall we...?

A city of great ancient culture has at least one theatre, of course

More beauty still, a Hugenot graveyard plus ancient church

Say something, mummy!
"Well," says mummy. "First, what kind of daft question is that, shall we go into Hotel Chocolat?! Of course we go in and pay silly prices for excellent chocolates, and for just the privilege of being allowed to look at them! Regarding that house though, I think, we'll give it a pass, the doors are too low and I wouldn't fit through. Or anybody else other than Tara, for that matter. But we can keep looking. I still miss the hell out of Leicester, but wait, I'm feeling this... aaaah... calm and quiet peace come into my heart when I look and behold a beautiful city with life and joy within it... aaaaah, just let me enjoy that feeling a little longer, hmmmm... surely it's also got a few good gyms into the bargain, and good schools, so maybe maybe this place will help me get over Leicester one day, yes? Ahmmmm... And now hand me my chocolates!"

1 comment:

Nirit, Thiemo, Lia and Ben said...

Are you really living in Great Britain or just sightseeing?? We get kind of jealous over here! Like, really, totally kind of jealous, you know.