Monday, February 12, 2007

Fine Fine Fine...


Tara had, no doubt, a half a day in toy paradise, and did just fine fine fine, we were told.
She was returned to me in her emergency clothes (yes! up to her neck!), hungry (yes! refused her bottle!), and overjoyed to have her parents back (yes! mummy and daddy are the best!). Also somewhat overtired as sleeping didn't quite work and she only managed 25 minutes instead of the two hours she should have done. Toy paradise, I tell you...

My job was returned to me in a similar state - I'd been deleted off all systems and could do nothing but browse through my own 9-months-old paperwork that people had kindly and efficiently kept for me. A gentle start.

And then we went home, mother and daughter, and collapsed in bed for an eternity. Tara had about 7 boobie meals; I do hope she doesn't keep that pace up or else I'll grow a bra size DD. And that, after 6 months of successful breastfeeding, would be rather uncool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh boy - did you see "Meet the Fockers"? They have an interesting idea concerning "baby insists on nipples" when Mommy is gone - which, frankly, I found quite disturbing ... you should rent it, but I take it your carer won't be too pleased at the suggestion ... Or else stick with an old German saying: "der Hunger treibt es rein". Good luck with that, though! ;-)
This is all very exciting, though, with all these changes!! Glad, Tara's having fun (when she's not hungry or getting too tired). Hope you're having fun, too!
Love
Uli