Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Family, by Tara


"This is me. That is daddy. They boys have spikey hair, don't they. Leo is teeny-weeny, like when he just came out of the hospital. You had long hair then, Mummy. I miss your long hair."

Signed, in her best attempt at writing her name in cursive script. The up-and-back-down of the 'a' doesn't quite flow right yet, so the 'r' gets lost... a proper signature is what that is!

I'm glad that Tara still sees us as a smiley bunch, mostly - if truth be told, I think of the two grown-ups, she's captured the mood right for daddy, not for her tense nervous tired and shouty mother. This house is doing us in and all we can do is remind ourselves that it's only for another just-under-four-weeks running from one errand to another, not eating right cause nobody has the time to cook, and not even reading Tara's little books with her each night (homework!). But hey - I'm glad to say that our bathroom (FUTURE bathroom) no longer looks like this:


It feels like sorting a house out takes a lot longer than growing long hair back! We're moving in on December 12. By then it will look just lovely. Of course. Everybody will be smiling, and Tara won't even notice that she didn't get a pink carpet, nor pink wallpaper. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

I LOVE this. AND I have the perfect medium for displaying it for *almost* forever...see me for details...

Alexandra said...

I'll see you when In the US next... in the meantime I'll guess. Tattoo shop? Bring your own image?

Ulrike H. said...

Now, who would ever remodel that beauty of a bathroom anyway? Come on, baby blue toilets are SO hard to come by these days. Especially so beautifully matched to the wallpaper.

(and just how are you going to sneak the fact past Tara, that neither carpet nor wallpaper are pink. Just wondering .... ? Sunglasses, maybe?)